Sunday, August 23rd, 2002 at 11:00 am
- Do you have a question you want to be answered? you can submit it by clicking here
- FRU’s NEW Return to League Games Guidelines can be found by clicking here.
- FRU’s Coronavirus and Covid-19 Management can found by clicking here.
The TownHall will be live-streamed online here and at www.facebook.com/FloridaRugby
Update from the FRU President – Monday, August 13th, 2020
Dear FRU Club Representative,
I wanted to send out the FRU’s guidance as it relates to returning to match play and league play after the COVID-19 restrictions are lifted. We as the board wanted to make sure that everyone understands our guidelines and how we will approach returning to play whenever the restrictions are lifted. We anticipate we are still a good deal away from being allowed to have contact trainings and league matches in most of the state.
FRU’s NEW Return to League Games Guidelines can be found by clicking here. The key things to remember within the document are:
We are unsure exactly when each area will be able to return to contact practices, at the moment all teams should not be doing any form of contact practices including touch rugby.
Finalized schedules for divisional league seasons for the Spring will not commence until we have a clearer understanding of the COVID-19 timelines. We anticipate that almost all divisions will remain the same in team composition, with Men’s Division (4) and NSCRO Men’s College to likely see some small changes. If you have questions and/or suggestions for your division please contact Evan Haigh (email@example.com) and he will be happy to work with you and you’re relevant FRU Vice President on your ideas. We do not have an update on National Championships for Senior Rugby at this time.
We will be hosting an online town hall meeting next Sunday morning at 11 am to discuss any questions on Returning to Play.
We will post the host link on our website and via our social media channels this week. This will be hosted in conjunction with Rugby in Florida using their platform.
If anyone has questions they want to pre-submit they can do via this link. This is for return to play questions, other questions will be submitted prior to the AGM for additional topics
- The FRU Annual General Meeting will be held on Saturday, September 12th, 2020 at 10 am. We will be hosting via the Zoom meeting platform. The links will be sent out closer to date.
- To help us make sure we quorum at the meeting we would like to make sure each club RSVP’s with their anticipated attendees via this link
- Unofficial nominations for President and Treasurer may be submitted to Rick and Evan. Kiel McAuley is nominated for Treasurer, he is currently filling this role by the appointment of the board since our Treasurer stepped down since our last meeting.
USA Rugby Registration
USA Rugby is moving to a new registration system called SportLomo, clubs will have backend access to this. Everyone registering for this upcoming season will find things slightly different. Evan is working with SportLomo/USA Rugby to ensure we are correctly set up within this system, it is not yet live but we hope in the coming weeks it will be.
USA Rugby Registration costs are still being finalized for this year we hope to hear from Club and College councils soon on the finalized costs for this. Once we have those we will be able to pass that information onto everyone.
Referee by-Law Proposal
- We previously sent out a draft change to the by-laws to add a referee representative to our board. http://floridarugby.
org/referee-by-law-proposal/ – We will open up online voting after the town hall for 24 hours. If you have questions on this topic, they will be answered after all fall play questions are answered during the town hall on Sunday.