September 14 -Agenda is set according to the FRU by-laws
10 AM – 1 PM
HMC Lillie Room 2nd Floor in Hart Memorial Library
211 East Dakin Ave
Kissimmee, FL 34741
Prior to the AGM we will be holding conference calls/webinars to discuss and determine the Fall 2019 and Spring 2020 schedules.
Nominations for open positions are as follows:
Ian Henry has been nominated by Palm Beach Panthers, this nomination is seconded by Gainesville Rugby Club.
Mary Leigh Miller has been nominated Krewe Women, this nomination is seconded by Orlando Women’s Rugby Club.
Jessie Premet has been nominated by Krewe Women.
Rick Comisky has been nominated by Miami Men.
Kerri O’Malley, FRU President, would like to propose 2 bylaw changes.
By-law change 1 to the Agenda (Article 5, Item 5.02), with the new agenda as follows:
At the Annual General Meeting (and in this order):
- The “President” (as hereinafter defined) will report on the affairs of the Union during the period since the last Annual General Meeting; and may delegate officers or the GM to report as needed
- The “Treasurer” (as hereinafter defined) will report on the financial affairs of the Union during the period since the last Annual General Meeting;
- The Union shall address the budget related to upcoming year
- The members will consider any applications for Union membership by new clubs, which consideration shall be subject to the provisions of Section 2.01(a) hereof;
- The Union members shall elect the Union Officers for the coming year;
- The Union shall consider any new business (including agenda items submitted by members).
- The Union shall address any scheduling issues related to upcoming year, as a whole group or through subcommittee meetings organized by divisions
By-law change #2
6.04 – Any Officer may be removed by a simple majority of the votes cast at a Union meeting, providing a quorum is present and notice of this action has been given under 5.04. Additional language to be added: An officer may be removed by a voting majority of the EC if they fail to attend more than 3 consecutive officer meetings
Kerri O’Malley would also like to add to the agenda removal of clubs from the Union which are no longer actively playing rugby. These clubs will be contacted prior to the meeting. If your club did not play rugby this past spring season, or did not finish because they forfeited the remainder of a season, they will eligible for this category. They can re-apply at a later meeting if they wish to re-join.
Men’s Conference Call for 2019-2020 Season
Sunday, August 11 at 8 PM – call details below
We would really appreciate questions prior to the meeting so that we can streamline the call and also be able to get information to people in advance of the call, where possible.
Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (408) 650-3123
Access Code: 117-504-925
New to GoToMeeting? Get the app now and be ready when your first meeting starts:
Please note that the deadline to get back to the Union with your planned commitment level is September 14. This will be pending approval from the FRU and South Competitions Committee following this date.
July 19th 2015 – 9:30 am
Paper copies of the agenda, budget, and by-laws will not be distributed at the meeting. Please bring paper or electronic copies for personal use if needed.
DoubleTree By Hilton Orlando Downtown
60 S. Ivanhoe Boulevard
Orlando FL 32804