2021 Summer 7s Season for both High School and Adult Rugby
5 – SURFIN 7S – (PALM BEACH AREA)
- Divisions: Men, Women, and U19s
- Cost – TBA
- Location: Lake Lytal Park – 3645 Lake Lytal Park, West Palm Beach
- Event site – Coming Soon
- Event Contact – Ross Devonport – firstname.lastname@example.org
19– RUSTED KNIGHTS 7S – (ORLANDO)
- Divisions: Elite Men, Elite Women, Social Men, and U19s
- Cost – Elite Men & Women $400, Social Men $250 and High School Boys $140
- Prizemoney for 1st and 2nd place for the Elite Divisions
- Location: Orlando Fairgrounds – 790 Fairvilla Road, Orlando, FL 32808
- Event site – https://www.rustedknights7s.com
- Event Contact – Evan Haigh- email@example.com
10 – FIJI 7S – (MIAMI)
- Divisions: TBC
- Cost – TBC
- Location: Miami
- Event site – Coming Soon
- Event Contact -Cagney Kobrin – firstname.lastname@example.org
24 – Gulf Coast 7S – (ST PETERSBURG)
- Divisions: TBC
- Cost – $250
- Location: St Petersburg
- Event site – https://www.pelicanrugby.com/gulf-coast-7s
- Event Contact – Alan Gancar – email@example.com
7 – BEERFOOT 7S – (FORT MYERS)
- Divisions: TBC
- Cost – $TBC
- Location: 3040 Estero Blvd, Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931
- Event site – https://beerfoot7s.com/
- Event Contact – Bryan Vince – firstname.lastname@example.org
6 – SURFIN 7S – (PALM BEACH AREA)
20 – RUSTED KNIGHTS 7S – (ORLANDO)
27 – SHIPWRECKED 7S – (INDIAN RIVER)
18 – FIJI 7S – (MIAMI)
15 – BEERFOOT 7S – (FORT MYERS)
2019 Summer Schedule
- June 8th – Surfin 7’s – Palm Beach
- June 15th – Rusted Knights 7s – Orlando — 1st USA Rugby Nationals Qualifier (Southern Conference)
- June 22nd – Shipwreck 7’s – Sebastian
- July 13th – Phillippe “Fiji” Leka Memorial 7s sponsored by New York Life – Miami
- July 20th – Savannah, GA – 2nd USA Rugby Nationals Qualifier (Southern Conference) – Hosted by Savannah at request of competing teams
- August 3rd – Beerfoot 7s – Naples
June 15th – Rusted Knights 7s
Orlando — 1st USA Rugby Nationals Qualifier (Southern Conference)
Evan Haigh – email@example.com
Emery Hamilton Sports Complex
4400 W Colonial Dr,
Orlando, FL 32808
Raleigh, NC 27610
2019 USA Rugby National Qualification Process
USA Rugby has set a extra requirements
- Complete details on Nationals can be found here – https://www.usaclub7s.com
- Teams must enroll their clubs – Register your club today – all teams competing in Club 7s qualifiers are required to enroll via the above link.
- Teams will be able to carry rosters comprised of 9 U.S. citizens and a maximum of 3 or 4* legally-residing non-citizens at Club 7s qualifiers and the USA Rugby Club 7s National Championship. This change is to simplify individual player eligibility. * Each Roster may include a maximum of three (3) players who are not U.S. citizens or four (4) provided that one of these players is a Green Card holder.
- The South has been allocated (1) Men’s Seed & (2) Women’s Seeds. Which means the highest placed men’s team and top two women’s after the two tournaments will qualify to Nationals.
- Teams wishing participate in the Qualifying Division of Qualifying Tournament must enter both tournaments. The tournament entry fee for the 1st tournament will include the entry fee for the second tournament.
- To play at Nationals, players must have played in at least one qualifying tournament, as well as one other rostered tournament during the 7s season (Florida has nominated Fiji 7s & Shipwrecked 7s to be our additional rostered tournaments).
- The creation Open Qualification Tournaments, (1) East Coast and (1) West Coast. Only teams that have played in 7s qualifying tournaments in the previous 3 years *and* participate in all available qualifiers in their region in 2019 are eligible to enter this tournament. The Open Tournament date and its location is still yet to be determined by USA Rugby.
High Performance 7s – Rugby Development Academy
HP Sevens program is the perfect gateway for the state’s top rugby athletes to get a chance to represent their country on an international stage. One of the programs goals is to get the Florida HP Sevens program recognized as an Olympic Development Academy, which would give every player in the state the opportunity to get a chance to be chosen for the USA Eagles Olympic Pathway.
- Interested in 7s High Performance? Contact our 7s Director Steve Braunstein.
- Click Here to see Head Coach Ronnie Suarez Profile
- Tournament Application Form Link Here
- The summer 7s will be our first time rolling out the new application and guideline process. For those interested in hosting a summer 7s tournament, February 5 will be the first deadline for applications hosting tournaments. On Feb 12, a second application cycle will open for dates and venues that have not yet been selected and will close February 19. After that applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
- Paypal payments link for Tournament Organizers/Application Fee
- What does your payment get your club
- The ability to host a tournament as apart of the Florida Summer Sevens Series
- Tournament Promotion and Online Registration
- Creation of the Tournament schedule
- Help with obtaining USA Rugby Sanctioning which allows FRRA referees to referee the tournament.- start process 4 weeks prior to event. contact FRU for assistance.
Tournament Alcohol Policy
Clubs that want to host a High School or Youth division in their tournament can provide a sectioned off beer garden with a vendor that is licensed to serve alcohol at the event. This will provide an area where alcohol can be enjoyed while also providing an area where transfer of alcohol to those underage could be monitored. If a tournament cannot support this requirement, they would have two additional options. One would be to ban alcohol from the playing fields/area or to not host a high school/youth division at their event.
Please note all checks must be made out to “Florida Rugby Union”. Please address the letter Evan Haigh, Florida Rugby Union, 1330 Aguacate Ct, Orlando, Florida, 32837)
Tournament Organizers – Click on these links for informational documents