Florida Collegiate Conference (FCC) – Men’s Division 1
Our objective for creating the Florida Collegiate Conference is to provide conditions where growth can occur for all the College teams in Florida.
The FCC is following the traditional USA Rugby eligibility requirements, the general requirement for all students to be eligible to play within league games is:
- Must be a full-time undergraduate student at your that you are attempting to wishing to play for
- Must be in good standing with your school that you are attempting to play for
- Must be within 5 years of graduating High School — For the 2022/23 Season – Graduated from HS in 2018 or later
FCC Eligibility Document & Registrar Document – Click Here
- All teams must have their school sign and stamp their eligibility document, this eligibility document must be sent to email@example.com.
- In the event a student does not meet these above requirements, they may apply for a waiver to firstname.lastname@example.org. Simply applying for a waiver does not grant the player eligibility to participate within the league matches.
FCC Waiver Documents – Click Here for the FRU Waiver Form
- Waivers will be granted on these broad guidelines and they can be adjusted by the FCC commissioner depending on the size of the school
- 6th & 7th-year waivers for players who with undergrads or full-time grad students but have not played 5 played five years of rugby post High School graduation. (General Rule 7 to play 5) — For the 2022/23 Season – Graduated from HS in 2016 or later
- Not full-time based on normal school course load requirements
- Graduate students who have not played five years of rugby since graduation from High School, must not have graduated High School more than 7 years ago — For the 2022/23 Season – Graduated from HS in 2016 or later
- Graduating seniors who have declared to graduate and are not full-time — Must be graduating within 2 semesters of the current season.
- Other extenuating situations to be considered by the FCC commissioner
MORE ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
- Josh Sutcliffe joins the podcast to discuss the current landscape of college rugby, what the future may look like and some other random topics.
- Evan and I quickly recap where we are at and preview upcoming potential changes.
- Evan joins me today as we review all things eligibility. Plus a quick review of the potenital streaming deal.
- Sorry for the audio quality. Won't happen again.
- Review of topics for the Summit.
- Kyle van Deventer joins us today to chat up all things referee.
- Nick Lane from FIU joins me to debrief this past year.
- Peter Laurence joins me to do a debrief on this past FCC season. We look back and look ahead and meander a few places.
- Alex Goff joins us again on the Podcast. We talk about the upcoming final and quite a bit about the national landscape.
- Evan Haigh joins me as we try to pick apart some lessons from Mike Gomez and their success at FSU this year.
- Develop higher-performing collegiate play, that will result in the ability for our teams to compete against the best colleges in the country.
- Develop sustainable and well-resourced clubs that are working towards performance.
- Control the macro schedule which encourages growth.
- Offer both 15s and 7s Florida Championship Annually.
- Create partnerships and pathways to encourage FCC teams to compete regionally and nationally when possible.
- Develop and utilize the Florida College Representative program that provides for player advancement and tour opportunities.